Gear Care & Repair
When you’re out at your favorite fishing hole, the last thing you want to worry about is moisture seeping through your waders. Sometimes sharp rocks and gnarly sticks can rip or tear beloved outdoor gear. Or maybe you notice a leak in your wader seams after years of use. Whatever the cause, don't let dampness and tears weigh you down. Simply use our waterproof adhesive to make permanent repairs and get back to doing what you love outside.
Whether your waders are made of neoprene, canvas, rubber, or breathable GORE-TEX® fabric, Aquasure FD will keep it performing the way it should. This clear, flexible, and durable adhesive also offers abrasion protection to keep waders working hard for years to come.
To fix a tear in your waders at home or while out in the field, follow these steps using a handy repair kit, like one that includes Aquaseal FD adhesive and Tenacious Tape Repair Patches.
- Aquasure FD
- Isopropyl alcohol (max 70%)
- Cleaning cloth
- Masking Tape
Estimated Time: Application: 10 minutes | Cure: 8-12 hours
- Clean the area surrounding the tear with isopropyl alcohol and allow to dry.
- Use masking/painter's tape to mask off the area around your tear to keep it contained.
- Apply Aquasure FD, covering the tear by at least 0.5”.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 8-12 hours on a flat surface.
Pro Tip: For faster repairs, apply a Tenacious Tape Repair Patch on the outside of the wader tear, apply Aquasure FD on the inside of the tear, then cover up the adhesive with another repair patch.
SEAL WADER SEAMS
Aquasure FD also works well as a wader seam sealer. To keep moisture out, follow the instructions noted below.
- Turn waders inside out and examine seams and fabric for gaps.
- Apply Aquasure FD directly to the seam, extending over seam and on to the fabric by 0.25”.
- Use brush to work Aquasure FD under fabric folds and into stitching.
- Allow adhesive to cure for 8-12 hours.
Pro Tip: Once opened, keep Aquasure FD in a dry, cold environment (e.g., freezer) to slow the curing process and extend its shelf life up to 6 months after opening the tube.