Trouble with fogging dive masks? Refer to these six handy tips when applying Sea Gold, Sea Drops, Anti-Fog Spray or Op Drops:
- Only apply an anti-fog to a clean lens. New dive masks typically contain residues from the manufacturing process. It is important that you remove any residues. Our Sea Buff dive mask cleaner is great for cleaning glass dive masks.
- Apply an anti-fog to the inside lens.
- When dealing with greater temperature gradients, it may also be a good idea to treat the outside lens, if there's a big temperature difference between the air and water.
- Rinse dive masks after each dive with fresh water and dry before storage to avoid mold and algae build-up.
- Our anti-fogs are safe to use on prescription lenses, although not recommended on AR coated lenses.
- For swim goggles, we recommend Anti-Fog Spray. For dive masks we recommend the more concentrated Sea Gold or Sea Drops.
So what's the big difference between the anti-fogs?
Sea Gold is an anti-fog gel. Sea Gold is a highly concentrated formula that offers long lasting anti-fog protection. Sea Gold is typically applied wet and can be buffed into the lens. Sea Gold is not recommended for use on swim goggles as it is a highly concentrated formula:
- You place a few drops on the lens
- Rub it in with your fingers
- Rinse the lens clean with water
Sea Drops is a liquid anti-fog and lens cleaner all-in-one. Sea Drops is typically applied wet, but can be buffed onto the lens. Sea Drops are highly concentrated and should not be used on swim goggles.
Anti-Fog Spray can be applied on most wet and dry lenses. Just spray the lens, leave on for a couple of minutes, then rub it in with a clean cloth. Rinsing the lens with water is optional. It is not as concentrated as Sea Gold or Sea Drops, so it can treat swim goggles, sunglasses, non-AR (anti-reflective) eyewear, binoculars and more.
Op Drops is a lens cleaner and anti-fog in one for dry lenses such as non-AR eyeglasses, safety glasses, face shields, binoculars and scopes. To use, apply one drop to both inside and outside lens. Let dry for a couple minutes, then lightly buff with the included microfiber cloth.
Use Sea Gold for anti-fog protection during water-based activities like scuba diving. Use Sea Drops if you need a wet lens cleaner and anti-fog solution in one. Use Anti-Fog Spray on wet or dry lenses that are close to the eye, like swim goggles, binoculars or eyeglasses.