Tenacious Tape by GEAR AID is a repair tape that fixes rips, holes and tears in outdoor gear and fabrics. The clear PVC tape and colored nylon tapes utilize an ultra-aggressive adhesive that says put no matter what. In addition, the clean-adhesive technology allows you to remove or reposition the repair tape during the first 24 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue. Try that with duct tape.
We recommend the following for application:
1) Begin by cleaning the repair area with isopropyl alcohol to remove any dirt or body oils which may prevent a good bond. Trim any loose threads.
2) Cut out a patch with rounded corners that will overlap the repair area by at least 0.5'' in all directions.
3) Apply the Tenacious Tape patch over the rip, tear or hole.
4) Smooth out any bubbles and ensure the edges lay flat. The adhesive will reach full strength after 24 hours.
5) For large holes, repeat the above steps on the opposite side of the fabric.
- Optimal operating temperature for initial adhesion = 50-104°F (10-40°C)
- Adhesive reaches full strength in 24 hours
- Can be used in conjunction with Aquasure adhesives for ultra strong repairs
WHAT DOES IT STICK TO
Tenacious Tape is best applied to the following fabric types:
- Bicast Leather (PU Leather)
- Non-Oiled Leather
- Vinyl Plastic (PVC)
- EVA Plastic
- PET Plastic
- OPP Plastic
HOW TO REMOVE BACKING
If you unravel the Tenacious Tape, you may notice that one end has about a quarter inch of the top-side of the blue backing showing (it should appear as white). It is easiest to remove the tape from that end as you should be able to get a fingernail in between the tape and the backing. If that is not an option, try flicking your thumb in an upward motion on the side of the tape, which typically helps lift the tape from the backing. Last, you can also try tearing a small corner.
STORAGE & CARE
Place unused portion in container or bag and store in cool, dry place.
THE MANY USES OF TENACIOUS TAPE
- Seals leaking seams, tears, and pinholes
- Stops rips from spreading
- Acts as an abrasion resistant shield on high-wear areas
- Outdoor Gear: Tents, Tarps, Awnings, Rainfly, Bivy Sacks, Mosquito Netting, Backpacks & Stuff Sacks, Rain gear, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Pads & Air Mattresses, Jackets, Gaiters, Gloves
- And More: Seat Cushions, Soft Coolers, Boat Covers, PFDs, Inflatable Rafts, Emergency Bicycle Tire Repairs