PRODUCT APPLICATION TIPS
- Clean and dry all surfaces.
- Remove old sealant (see tips below).
- Shake well before use.
- Unscrew top to remove shipping seal from bottle.
- With applicator on fabric, press bottle into applicator to activate and allow the Seam Grip TF liquid to saturate the foam applicator.
- Apply a thin film onto fabric. Saturate applicator again as needed.
- Let Seam Grip TF dry fully for 24 hours at room temperature before use. Keep treated fabric surfaces separated while drying. Test for dryness before use or folding.
- Once dry, sprinkle with talcum powder to alleviate any surface tack.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze.
Typically, you will coat the underside of tent flies, the inside of tent floors and the inside of packs and dry bags.
You will know when it is time to replace factory polyurethane coatings because they tend to develop a foul odor, they may begin peeling or flaking away or you may notice a sticky or gummy feeling. When this happens, it is time to remove the old polyurethane coating. It is important that you remove the previous coating before applying the new coating of Seam Grip TF.
We recommend the following: begin by filling a tub or container with enough warm water to submerge the item. Add about 5 drops of liquid soap. Submerge the item that needs cleaning and soak for 2-3 hours. Remove the item from the bath and gently scrub the polyurethane coating (typically applied to the underside of tent flies, the top side of tent floors and the inside of back packs) with a mixture of isopropyl alcohol, water and a couple of drops of soap. Keep a dish towel nearby to soak up excessive residue.
Seam Grip TF will not work on silicone treated fabrics nor sil-nylon.
THE MANY USES OF SEAM GRIP TF
- Waterproof tent floors, rain flies, tarps, bivy sacks, rainwear, sleeping pads, and more
- Recoat worn or peeling high-traffic areas on outdoor gear
- Ideal for use on synthetic fabrics.